This event is now sold out and no tickets are available. Thank you for the support- we apologize for any inconvenience. If you didn’t get a ticket for Saturday, we are open on Easter (Sunday, April 4)!
Hop on over to the Zoo on Saturday, April 3 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to celebrate Easter with the whole family! We are bringing this spring tradition to you with the health and safety of our guests, staff, volunteers, and animals as our top priority.
Our coloring contest is back by popular demand! Click here to download the PDF or click here to download the image. Submit your coloring page by Saturday, April 3, and you’ll receive 10% off at the Safari Cafe and have a chance to win a gift bag or Family Membership!
How can I buy tickets?
We encourage you to buy your tickets as soon as possible due to the limit of 200 people per time frame – we anticipate they will sell out quickly! Both members and non-members must reserve spots for every person in their group, including ages 2 & under.
All tickets must be purchased in advance. Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone by calling 218-730-4500 ext. 200!
You must bring your valid ID AND order confirmation with you to redeem your tickets. Confirmation can be printed or shown on phone.
We are not accepting coupons or reciprocal discounts for this event.
We will not be handing out physical maps – so save this to your phone or print at home! There will be maps located throughout grounds as well.
What activities will be happening?
- NEW THIS YEAR! Golden Egg Hunt – chance to win a kid’s bike every hour!
- Chalk Walk Game
- Easter Egg hunt with prizes
- Photo op HOP!
- Meet the Easter Bunny (socially-distanced)
- Food trucks (K&B Grilled Cheese, Cappy’s Kettle Corn, The Raven Café)
- Special Easter-themed enrichment for the animals
- The Amazing Charles Magician
What health & safety measure will be in place?
- Our capacity is limited and carefully monitored to ensure physical distancing. Each time slot is limited to 200 tickets per group to be in adherence with the limit of 250 guests on Zoo grounds at one time.
- Hand-sanitizer stations are available throughout the Zoo.
- Guests of the Zoo are asked to refrain from visiting if they are in a high-risk or vulnerable category for COVID-19, are not feeling well or have a fever.
- Guests are encouraged to wear face coverings, utilize hand-sanitizing stations, and maintain a six-foot distance from other groups.
- Additional sanitation of high-touch surfaces and restrooms will be performed throughout the day.
- Zoo staff must wear face coverings and their health will be monitored each day prior to reporting to work.
- Vendors and treat stations will be limited and will be located six feet off of our pathways, allowing our visitors the opportunity to choose to interact with vendors only if they feel comfortable doing so.
- Only vendors will hand out candy, there will be no self-serve candy distribution.
- All games and entertainment will be adapted to allow for six feet of social distancing between families and will be conducted in areas of the zoo where the ability to social distance is more prevalent.
- Opportunities for non-group related activities such as a scavenger hunt will also be provided.
- In accordance with Governor Walz’s Executive Order 20-81, all visitors and vendors will be required to wear masks and face coverings in all indoor buildings (Main building, Primate Conservation Center, and Australia building).
- When interacting with a vendor, guests will be required to wear masks.
- Any guest that becomes symptomatic during the event is required to leave immediately along with anyone they arrived with.
Will there be food options available?
Yes! There will be a variety of food vendors throughout each weekend. Check back as we add more vendors!
- K&B Grilled Cheese
- Cappy’s Kettle Corn
Do members need to purchase tickets?
Members are free but you must reserve a spot! We encourage members to visit during the new members-only hour from 9 to 10 a.m. We have emailed a code and posted it on the members-only Facebook group so you won’t be charged. Reserve your spot here! You will be required to show your membership card when redeeming your ticket.
Can I switch my tickets to another time? What if it rains?
- Tickets will are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be changed for an alternate time.
- Event is rain, snow, or shine.
Event Date & Time
Saturday, April 3, 2021
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Members-only: 9 – 10 a.m.
- Members: FREE
- Adults: $14
- Kids: $7
- 2 & under are FREE!
*All tickets must be purchased in advance.
Tickets will not be sold at the door.
Ticket Time Slots
There are 9 time slots to choose from. Each time option is limited to 200 visitors.
- MEMBERS-ONLY: 9 – 11 a.m. or 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- 12 – 2 p.m.
- 12:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- 1 – 3 p.m.
- 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- 2 – 4 p.m.
It takes approximately 1 to 1.5 hours to visit during Easter EGG-stravaganza. We suggest that guests come within the first hour of their time slot.