4th-5th Grade Programs
Animal programs are engaging 30-45 minute presentations that feature three live ambassador animals. Choose one of the topics below that best fits your learning. Cost listed below is in addition to zoo admission. There is no additional program charge for adults attending programs with a student group. Maximum number of students per program is 40. Groups larger than 40 will need to book multiple programs.
Cost: Add $2.00 per student, $35 minimum
Minnesota & Wisconsin State Science Standards
- Animals of Minnesota & Wisconsin – Connect with local wildlife and their cousins while learning how they adapt to our changing seasons.
- Birds – Close encounters with birds provide a memorable experience to learn about bird adaptations and ecological concepts.
- Endangered Species – Students will meet endangered animals and their relatives and learn how they can help save animals in the wild.
- Rainforest Rescue – Students will learn about the diversity of the rainforest and the impact people have on the animals that call it home.
- Zoo Jobs – Learn what it’s like to work at a zoo! Meet live animals as you explore the careers of zookeeper, animal trainer, educator and veterinarian.
Guided Zoo Tour
Cost: Add $3.00 per student, $55 minimum
Embark on a 90-minute tour of the zoo with an experienced guide and learn the unique stories of our animals. Groups larger than 15 students will be split into multiple groups. Maximum of 45 students per tour time. Tour does not include Australia Building.
Cost: Add $4.00 per student, $60 minimum
- Animal Care – Students will learn how zookeepers care for the animals and what it takes to keep them healthy. Maximum number of students per program is 30.
Groups receive a discount on general admission if they make a Group Reservation in advance.
For questions or more information contact:
(218) 730-4500 ext. 205
Our Teacher Newsletter has everything you need to know before you book your field trip!