About 4-5 Programs
Please contact Jessamy Schwartz at least 2 weeks in advance to schedule a program: email or 218-730-4500 ext. 205. Costs listed below are in addition to zoo admission. There is no additional program charge for adults attending programs with a student group.
Cost: Add $2.00 per student, $35 minimum
Minnesota & Wisconsin State Science Standards
- Zoo Jobs – Learn what it’s like to work at a zoo! Meet four live animals as you explore the careers of zookeeper, animal trainer, educator and veterinarian.
- Endangered Species – Students will meet endangered animals and their relatives and learn how they can help save animals in the wild.
- Rainforest Rescue – Students will learn about the diversity of the rainforest and the impact people have on the animals that call it home.
- Creature Categories – Furry or scaly, feathered or slimy—we can see and feel many similarities and differences between animals! Students will discover how scientists sort animals into groups based on how they look and behave.
- Raptors – Close encounters with birds of prey provide a memorable experience to learn about bird adaptations and ecological concepts.
- Animals of Minnesota & Wisconsin – Connect with local wildlife and their cousins while learning how they adapt to our changing seasons.
Cost: Add $2.50 per student, $45 minimum
- Animal Care – Students will learn how zookeepers care for the animals and what it takes to keep them healthy. Activities include caring for barn animals, peeking behind the scenes, preparing diets, and meeting animals up close!
- Guided Zoo Tour – Tour the zoo with an experienced guide and learn the special stories of our animals. Groups larger than 15 people will be split into multiple groups.
Guided Experience Package
It’s easier than ever to take a field trip to the zoo! Just show up with your students and lunches, and we’ll provide a 60-minute education class of your choosing, indoor lunch space, and a guided tour!
Cost: Add $4.00 per student, $80 minimum
Available November 1 through April 30
Classes must visit the zoo from 10:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Two classes (max. 60 students) from a school can participate each day
Email Jessamy for a sample itinerary and more information
Running short on time? This option allows your students to learn about owls or bats during a quick animal encounter. Students cannot touch the animal.
Cost: Add $1.50 per student, $25 minimum
- Owls – Meet a live owl, explore owl biofacts and learn about the characteristics of these nocturnal raptors.
- Bats – Stay up all night, sleep all winter, eat insects – learn what it’s like to be a bat! We’ll visit with a live fruit bat and learn the important jobs bats do for us.
Groups receive a discount on general admission if they make a Group Reservation in advance.
For questions or more information contact:
(218) 730-4500 ext. 205
Our Teacher Newsletter has everything you need to know before you book your field trip!
Field Trip Guide
Use our Field Trip Guide to plan a successful trip and answer questions you may have prior to your visit.