6th-12th Grade Programs
Animal programs are engaging 30-45 minute presentations that feature three live ambassador animals. Choose one of the topics below that best fits your learning. Cost listed below is in addition to zoo admission. There is no additional program charge for adults attending programs with a student group. Maximum number of students per program is 40. Groups larger than 40 will need to book multiple programs.
Cost: Add $2.00 per student, $35 minimum
- Animal Classification – Live animals will help students test their animal classification skills.
- Birds – Close encounters with birds provide a memorable experience to learn about bird adaptations and ecological concepts.
- Herpetology – Examine reptiles and amphibians up-close to learn about their biology, natural history, and taxonomy.
- Zoo Jobs – Learn what it’s like to work at a zoo! Meet live animals as you explore the careers of zookeeper, animal trainer, educator and veterinarian.
Guided Zoo Tour
Cost: Add $3.00 per student, $55 minimum
Embark on a 90-minute tour of the zoo with an experienced guide and learn the unique stories of our animals. Groups larger than 15 students will be split into multiple groups. Maximum of 45 students per tour time. Tour does not include Australia Building.
Cost: Add $4.00 per student, $60 minimum
- Zoo Careers – Experience what it’s like to work at a zoo! Students will learn about the many jobs at a zoo including zookeepers, educators, and veterinarians. Tour behind the scenes, prepare animal diets, observe animal training, read x-rays, and more! Maximum number of students per program is 30.
Groups receive a discount on general admission if they make a Group Reservation in advance.
For questions or more information contact:
(218) 730-4500 ext. 205
Our Teacher Newsletter has everything you need to know before you book your field trip!