K-3rd Grade Programs
Animal programs are engaging 30-45 minute presentations that feature three live ambassador animals. Choose one of the topics below that best fits your learning. Cost listed below is in addition to zoo admission. There is no additional program charge for adults attending programs with a student group. Maximum number of students per program is 40. Groups larger than 40 will need to book multiple programs.
Cost: Add $2.00 per student, $35 minimum
Minnesota & Wisconsin State Science Standards
- Animal Adaptations – From deserts to rainforests, students will discover what adaptations animals have that help them survive in some incredible habitats.
- Animal Life Cycles – Who hatches from an egg? Who sheds their skin? Students will explore the stages animals go through after birth and how they develop skills and behaviors to survive.
- Animals of Minnesota & Wisconsin – Connect with local wildlife and their cousins while learning how they adapt to our changing seasons.
- Birds – Close encounters with birds provide a memorable experience to learn about bird adaptations and ecological concepts.
- Creature Categories – Furry or scaly, feathered or slimy—we can see and feel many similarities and differences between animals. Discover how scientists sort animals into groups based on how they look and behave.
- Insect Investigation – Get a close look at live insects and other invertebrates. Hands-on activities will allow students to investigate insect characteristics and the important role they play in our world.
- Nocturnal Animals – Students will discover why some animals stay awake at night and what adaptations help them survive in the dark.
Guided Zoo Tour
Cost: Add $3.00 per student, $55 minimum
Embark on a 90-minute tour of the zoo with an experienced guide and learn the unique stories of our animals. Groups larger than 15 students will be split into multiple groups. Maximum of 45 students per tour time. Tour does not include Australia Building.
Cost: Add $4.00 per student, $60 minimum
Animal Care – Students will learn how zookeepers care for the animals and what it takes to keep them healthy. Maximum number of students per program is 30.
Groups receive a discount on general admission if they make a Group Reservation in advance.
For questions or more information contact:
(218) 730-4500 ext. 205
Our Teacher Newsletter has everything you need to know before you book your field trip!