Growing WILD together!
Rolling admissions will be accepted until all spots are filled!
Your application is not considered complete until the application fee has been processed.
Our values: Wonder. Integrity. Love. Diversity.
- Growing WILD. We believe in the sacredness of childhood. We understand this incredible stage of human development, and we honor it by encouraging children to play and by supporting their growth, as we play and grow ourselves. We also commit to grow as an early childhood education program rooted in educational research.
- Wonder. We believe in the power of curiosity. We know that an open-minded approach to life allows imaginations to grow and flourish, connections to form, and meaning to be built. We see the world with new eyes each day.
- Integrity. We commit to becoming the best version of ourselves. Young children learn by observing the role models in their lives. We strive to provide strong models for children to imitate, and we teach children the power of their own words and actions.
- Love. We embrace that loving, safe relationships are the foundation of high-quality early childhood education. We approach our families, our children, and our work with love in an effort to build a compassionate community.
- Diversity. We recognize that everyone is different, and that our differences strengthen us as a community. Together, we create a place where all children are free to discover and to celebrate their own unique cultures and identities.
Our mission: To inspire the healthy social emotional, physical, creative, and cognitive development of young children through close-up experiences with animals and nature.
Days, Times, and Tuition Rates
- Monday-Friday; 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- School-year Session: Tuesday, September 7, 2021 – Thursday, June 9, 2022
- Summer Session: Monday June 21, 2021 – Friday August 27, 2021
- Full-time: $900 per month
- Part-time (Tuesday, Thursday): $360/month
- Part-time (Monday, Wednesday, Friday): $540/month
Frequently Asked Questions
Apply using the buttons above. Applications will be accepted until all spots are filled. A $25 application fee is due when applying and can be paid online or by mail.
Yes! We offer part-time options for both Summer Session and the 21/22 School Year!
The Lake Superior Zoo School is open to children ages 33 months (fully potty trained) to 5 years old located in the Twin Ports area. We will also accept families participating in the Child Care Assistance Program.
Registered families will either be offered a spot at Zoo School or placed on the Wait List for the session in which they registered.
• Arrival & Playscape Play
• Zoo Walkabout
• Bathroom & Snack
• Whole Group
• Small Group
• Outdoor Play
• Bathroom & Lunch
• Indoor Play
• Bathroom & Snack
• Playscape Play & Departure
Learn more about our program plan here.
Yes, the deposit amounts are as follows:
– FULL-TIME: 21-22 School Year Session is $315. The deposit for Summer Session is $450.
– PART-TIME (T/TH): 21-22 School Year Session is $135. The deposit for Summer Session is $180.
– PART-TIME (M/W/F): 21-22 School Year Session is $180. The deposit for Summer Session is $270.
Tuition will be collected via automatic bank withdrawal.
We have a full pandemic preparedness plan in place, as well as a parent guide and home screen tool for COVID-19 symptoms. Please click the links below to view those documents.
• LSZS Pandemic Preparedness Plan
• Home Screening tool for COVID-19 Symptoms
• Parent Guide to LSZS Preparedness Plan
• COVID-19 Decision Tree
Currently, the class size is 18 children with 4 teachers.
For Summer Session, tuition payments of are due on June 21 & July 19. Prorated tuition for August 16-27 is included with the non-refundable deposit.
When our enrollment is full, you can check out these other high-quality nature programs in the Duluth Nature Play Collaborative:
• Secret Forest Playschool
• Wind Ridge Schoolhouse
• Duluth Forest Kinderhaus
• Wandering Roots Nature School
• Spirit of the Lake Community School Kinderfarm
• Hartley Nature Preschool
For questions or more information contact:
(218) 730-4500 ext. 219