We are growing WILD!
You must submit payment for your $25 application fee by clicking the purple button above at the time of application. Your application is not considered complete until payment has been received.
Our values: Wonder. Integrity. Love. Diversity.
- Growing WILD. We believe in the sacredness of childhood. We understand this incredible stage of human development, and we honor it by encouraging children to play and by supporting their growth, as we play and grow ourselves. We also commit to grow as an early childhood education program rooted in educational research.
- Wonder. We believe in the power of curiosity. We know that an open-minded approach to life allows imaginations to grow and flourish, connections to form, and meaning to be built. We see the world with new eyes each day.
- Integrity. We commit to becoming the best version of ourselves. Young children learn by observing the role models in their lives. We strive to provide strong models for children to imitate, and we teach children the power of their own words and actions.
- Love. We embrace that loving, safe relationships are the foundation of high-quality early childhood education. We approach our families, our children, and our work with love in an effort to build a compassionate community.
- Diversity. We recognize that everyone is different, and that our differences strengthen us as a community. Together, we create a place where all children are free to discover and to celebrate their own unique cultures and identities.
Our mission: To inspire the healthy social emotional, physical, creative, and cognitive development of young children through close-up experiences with animals and nature.
Days, Times, and Tuition Rates
- Monday-Friday; 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 8, 2020 – Thursday, June 10, 2021 (Start date pending licensure)
- $900 per month
Frequently Asked Questions
Applications will be accepted beginning on February 3, 2020. A $25 application fee is due when applying and can be paid online, in person, or by mail. Click HERE to apply! Click HERE to pay your application fee.
The Lake Superior Zoo School is open to children ages 3-5 located in the Twin Ports area. We will also accept families participating in the Child Care Assistance Program.
• Arrival & Playscape Play
• Zoo Walkabout
• Bathroom & Snack
• Whole Group
• Small Group
• Outdoor Play
• Bathroom & Lunch
• Indoor Play
• Bathroom & Snack
• Playscape Play & Departure
Learn more about our program plan here.
Yes, a $360 deposit is required by April 3, 2020 to hold your child’s spot.
Tuition will be collected via automatic bank withdrawal.
Yes, we are proud to provide breakfast, lunch, and snack to each child each and every day of operation.
Yes, we will be following the ISD 709 calendar for closures and breaks.
For questions or more information contact:
(218) 730-4500 ext. 219