What to Know
We are NOW OPEN Thursday through Sunday 10am-5pm.
For the health and safety of our guests, staff and animals, modifications have been made to our admissions process and experience. The number of guests entering the Zoo each day will be restricted to 25% capacity in order to ensure proper distancing and comply with state health guidelines.
Phase 2 of our reoping plan takes effect Thursday, July 2. Please be patient with the new precautions we’ve put in place. Adherence to these precautions help protect our guests, staff and animals, and are a requirement for our approved reopening.
The City of Duluth mandates the use of face masks in public indoor facilities. This requirement applies to people ages 10 & older.
Effective immediately, we will now require masks for guests while visiting the Zoo’s indoor buildings. We will have masks available to purchase for $1.
This requirement will help keep our guests, staff, and animals safe. We are all in this together!
How much does Walk on the Wild Side cost?
- Adults (13+): $12
- Children (3-12): $6
- Children 2 & under are free
- We are not accepting coupons at this time.
What days are you open?
Our operating hours are Thursday through Sunday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. We will be closed Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
When will your indoor spaces be open?
Phase 2 of reopening your zoo will begin on Thursday, July 2! Guests will have access to indoor buildings – Primate Conservation Center, Nocturnal Building, and the Australia/Oceania building, and Zoo Central. The Griggs Learning Center will remain closed to the public during this phase. Zoo Central will be used as an exit route, but you will still be able to see a few animals like Yoda the veiled chameleon, gila monsters, several amphibians, and the indoor black-crested mangabey habitat!
How is the Zoo reducing the spread of COVID-19 and keeping me safe during my visit?
- Our capacity is limited and carefully monitored to ensure physical distancing.
- A one-way path is designated throughout the Zoo. View our new map here!
- Hand-sanitizer stations are available throughout the Zoo.
- Guests of the Zoo are asked to refrain from visiting if they are in a high-risk or vulnerable category for COVID-19, are not feeling well or have a fever.
- Guests are encouraged to wear face coverings, utilize hand-sanitizing stations, and maintain a six-foot distance from other groups.
- Additional sanitation of high-touch surfaces and restrooms will be performed throughout the day.
- Zoo staff must wear face coverings and their health will be monitored each day prior to reporting to work.
What will the new zoo experience be like?
- You will follow a one-way path marked with arrows and paw prints throughout the zoo.
- We encourage you to wear a mask.
- We ask that you follow social-distancing guidelines and keep 6-feet away from other groups.
- Please bring your own stroller as we are not offering rentals at this time.
- High-touch areas (like the barn contact yard – animals are still on exhibit) are currently closed.
What animals will I be able to see?
- Brown bears – NEW!
- African lions
- Siberian lynx
- Snow leopard
- Amur tiger
- Angolan colobus monkeys + the new baby!
- Ring-tailed lemurs
- Swift foxes
- Eurasian eagle-owl
- Prairie dogs + babies!
- Barnyard animals (contact yard unavailable at this time)
- Chicken coop (chickens, ducks, peacock)
- Turkey vulture
- White-naped cranes
- Chinese goral
- Reeve’s muntjac
- Red kanagroos
- Flemish giant rabbits
- Laughing Kookaburra
- Merten’s Water Monitor
- Prehensile-tailed Skink
- Green Tree Python
- Golden Coin Turtle
- Spiny Turtle
- Green Iguana
- Bearded Dragon
- Cotton-top Tamarin
- Callimico Monkeys
- Large-spotted Genet
- Pallas’ Cat
- Southern Flying Squirrel
- Linne’s Two-toed Sloth
- Six-banded Armadillo
- Spectacled Owl
- Burrowing Owl
- Speckled Mousebird
- Gopher Tortoise
- European Glass Lizard
- Prehensile-tailed Porcupine
- Yellow-billed Hornbill
- Double Yellow-headed Amazon Parrot
- Gila Monsters
- Veiled Chameleon
- Reef Tank
Is the Tiger’s Paw Gift Shop open?
Yes! We ask that guests practice social distancing inside of the gift shop. We will also have several opportunities across zoo grounds for you to be able to purchase unique gifts, sweatshirts, treats, and more!
Is the Safari Café open?
Indoor Buildings are NOW OPEN!
|2 & Under||Free|
We are not accepting coupons at this time.
Hours of Operation
|Closed Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday|
|Last admission at 4 pm|
The following attractions & services will be unavailable due to COVID-19 protocols:
- Zoo Train
- Keeper Chats
- Griggs Learning Center
- Stroller Rental
Please follow the paw prints and markings on our pathways while visiting!