Our buildings will reopen on Friday, January 15! Purchase or reserve your tickets here!
What to Know
We will be opening our indoor spaces beginning Friday, January 15! Our hours are Friday through Sunday 10am-3pm. The gift shop will be open as well!
Last admission is at 2pm.
For the health and safety of our guests, staff and animals, modifications have been made to our admissions process and experience. The number of guests entering the Zoo at any given time will be restricted to 100 people at a time in order to ensure proper distancing and comply with state health guidelines. Please purchase your tickets in advance HERE to ensure you can enter the Zoo right away upon arrival!
The State of Minnesota mandates the use of face masks (Executive Order 20-81) in public indoor facilities. This requirement applies to people ages 6 & older.
We require masks for guests while visiting the Zoo’s indoor buildings. We will have masks available to purchase for $1.
This requirement will help keep our guests, staff, and animals safe. We are all in this together!
How much is admission?
- Adults (13+): $12
- Children (3-12): $6
- Children 2 & under are free
- We are not accepting coupons at this time.
Are advance tickets required?
No, but we strongly encourage you to purchase (members reserve) your tickets in advance for the time slot you plan to visit the Zoo so you can ensure you get in when you arrive and don’t have to wait. We will have walk-in ticket options that are on a first come first serve basis. Reserve your ticket here!
Do members need to reserve a ticket/time slot?
It is not required but we strongly encourage you to reserve your tickets in advance to ensure you can enter the Zoo upon arrival. A code has been emailed to members (and posted to the members-only Facebook group) that will give you 100% off. Not a member yet? Join today!
What days are you open?
Our operating hours are Friday through Sunday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Last admission is at 2 p.m. We will be closed Monday-Thursday.
When will your indoor spaces be open?
Our indoor spaces are reopening on Friday, January 15! The Griggs Learning Center will remain closed at this time.
How is the Zoo reducing the spread of COVID-19 and keeping me safe during my visit?
- Our capacity is limited and carefully monitored to ensure physical distancing.
- A one-way path is designated throughout the Zoo. View our new map here!
- Hand-sanitizer stations are available throughout the Zoo.
- Guests of the Zoo are asked to refrain from visiting if they are in a high-risk or vulnerable category for COVID-19, are not feeling well or have a fever.
- Guests are encouraged to wear face coverings, utilize hand-sanitizing stations, and maintain a six-foot distance from other groups.
- Additional sanitation of high-touch surfaces and restrooms will be performed throughout the day.
- Zoo staff must wear face coverings and their health will be monitored each day prior to reporting to work.
What will the new zoo experience be like?
- You will enter the Zoo through the main building and access Zoo grounds via the lower level.
- You will follow a one-way path marked with arrows and paw prints throughout the zoo.
- You are required to wear a mask indoors and encouraged to outdoors as well.
- We ask that you follow social-distancing guidelines and keep 6-feet away from other groups.
- Please bring your own stroller as we are not offering rentals at this time.
- High-touch areas (like the barn contact yard – animals are still on exhibit) are currently closed.
What animals will I be able to see?
- North American gray wolves – NEW!
- Brown bears – NEW!
- Cougars – NEW!
- Great horned owl
- Siberian lynx
- Snow leopard
- Amur tiger
- Swift foxes
- Eurasian eagle-owls
- Barnyard animals (contact yard unavailable at this time)
- Chicken coop (chickens, ducks, peacock)
- White-naped cranes
- Chinese goral
- Reeve’s muntjac
- Flemish giant rabbit
- Gila Monsters
- Veiled Chameleon
- Reef Tank
- Ring-tailed lemurs
- Angolan colobus monkeys
- Cotton-top tamarin monkeys
- Callimico monkeys
- Large-spotted Genet
- Pallas’ Cat
- Linne’s Two-toed Sloth
- Six-banded Armadillo
- Southern Flying Squirrel
- Spectacled Owl
- Burrowing Owl
- Speckled Mousebird
- Gopher Tortoise
- European Glass Lizard
- Prehensile-tailed Porcupine
- Yellow-billed Hornbill
- Brush-tailed Bettong
- Laughing Kookaburra
- Merten’s Water Monitor
- Prehensile-tailed Skink
- Green Tree Python
- Golden Coin Turtle
- Spiny Turtle
- Green Iguana
- Bearded Dragon
Is the Tiger’s Paw Gift Shop open?
Yes! We ask that guests practice social distancing inside of the gift shop.
Is the Safari Café open?
Yes! We are only offering to-go orders at this time.
|2 & Under||FREE|
We are not accepting coupons at this time.
Hours of Operation
|Friday – Sunday||10am-3pm|
|Closed Monday – Thursday|
|Last admission at 2pm|
The following attractions & services will be unavailable due to COVID-19 protocols:
- Zoo Train
- Keeper Chats
- Griggs Learning Center
- Stroller Rental
Please follow the paw prints and markings on our pathways while visiting!