What to Know
The Zoo is open DAILY from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. The Safari Café and Tiger’s Paw Gift Shop are open!
Last admission is at 3 pm.
Toast to Tails tickets are available NOW!
Join us at the Depot and toast to the many animals that call the Lake Superior Zoo home! Sample beer, wine, and spirits from local vendors, enjoy delicious food, play fun games and win some great prizes – all for a great cause!
Enrich your viewing experience & the lives of the animals here at Lake Superior Zoo!
Enrichment items (TOYS!) are available for purchase in the Tiger’s Paw Gift Shop. Toys are currently available for Parrots, Barnyard friends, Lemurs & Brown Bears!
What are your hours?
We are open daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with last admission at 3 p.m. We will close at 1 p.m. on Christmas Eve and are closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
How much is admission?
- Adults (13+): $16
- Children (3-12): $10
- Children 2 & under are free
- We are not accepting admissions coupons at this time.
Are advance tickets required?
No – advanced tickets are not required.
Do you offer group rates?
Yes! We allow timed-entry reservations for groups at a discounted rate. If you’d like to make a reservation, click here!
Are your indoor spaces open?
Yes – ALL indoor spaces are now open! Zoo Central, Primate Conservation Center, Nocturnal Building, the Griggs Learning Center and Australia/Oceania are open. Download our map here!
How is the Zoo reducing the spread of COVID-19 and keeping me safe during my visit?
- Hand-sanitizer stations are available throughout the Zoo. Guests are encouraged to follow CDC and MDH recommendations of using hand sanitizer and washing their hands.
- Guests of the Zoo are asked to refrain from visiting if they are in a high-risk or vulnerable category for COVID-19, are not feeling well or have a fever.
- Additional sanitation of high-touch surfaces and restrooms will be performed throughout the day.
- Zoo staff will monitor their health each day prior to reporting to work.
What animals will I be able to see?
Click here to learn more about the animals you will meet at the Zoo!
Do you have options for birthday parties?
Yes – click here to learn more and book your party!
Is the Tiger’s Paw Gift Shop open?
Yes! We ask that guests practice social distancing inside of the gift shop.
Is the Safari Café open?
Yes! Choose from tasty treats like ice cream, popcorn, pizza & more!
|2 & Under||FREE|
Hours of Operation
OPEN DAILY 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Last admission at 3 pm