What to Know
The Zoo is open DAILY from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. The Safari Café and Tiger’s Paw Gift Shop are open!
Last admission is at 4 pm.
For the health and safety of our guests, staff and animals, modifications have been made to our admissions process and experience.
The Lake Superior Zoo strongly encourages guests to wear masks while visiting indoor buildings, and our staff and volunteers will continue to be required to wear face coverings.
How much is admission?
- Adults (13+): $14
- Children (3-12): $7
- Children 2 & under are free
- We are not accepting admissions coupons at this time.
Are advance tickets required?
No – advanced tickets are not required.
Do you offer group rates?
We are allowing timed-entry field trips this spring/summer for groups to explore the zoo on their own (education programs will resume in fall). If you’d like to make a reservation, click here!
Are your indoor spaces be open?
Yes – ALL indoor spaces are now open! Zoo Central, Primate Conservation Center, Nocturnal Building, the Griggs Learning Center and Australia/Oceania are open. Download our map here!
How is the Zoo reducing the spread of COVID-19 and keeping me safe during my visit?
- Hand-sanitizer stations are available throughout the Zoo. Guests are encouraged to follow CDC and MDH recommendations of using hand sanitizer and washing their hands.
- Guests of the Zoo are asked to refrain from visiting if they are in a high-risk or vulnerable category for COVID-19, are not feeling well or have a fever.
- Masks are highly recommended while visiting indoor buildings.
- Guests are required maintain a six-foot distance from other groups.
- Additional sanitation of high-touch surfaces and restrooms will be performed throughout the day.
- Zoo staff must wear face coverings and their health will be monitored each day prior to reporting to work.
What animals will I be able to see?
Click here to learn more about the animals you will meet at the Zoo!
Do you have options for birthday parties?
Yes – click here to learn more and book your party!
Is the Tiger’s Paw Gift Shop open?
Yes! We ask that guests practice social distancing inside of the gift shop.
Is the Safari Café open?
Yes! Choose from tasty treats like ice cream, popcorn, pizza & more!
Check out a virtual tour of the Zoo below!
|2 & Under||FREE|
We are not accepting admissions coupons at this time.
Hours of Operation
OPEN DAILY 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Last admission at 4pm
The following attractions & services will be unavailable due to COVID-19 protocols:
- Keeper Chats
- Stroller Rental