What to Know
The Zoo is open DAILY from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. The Safari Café and Tiger’s Paw Gift Shop are open!
Last admission is at 3 pm.
Since the Zoo’s grounds and buildings are owned by the City of Duluth, the Zoo will follow the new face covering requirements. Effective August 4 masks are required to be worn while inside of Zoo buildings by all individuals ages 2 and older – regardless of vaccination status.
We thank you for your patience & understanding as we navigate through the ongoing pandemic and can’t wait to see you at the Zoo!
You can read the City’s press release regarding the new mask requirements here.
How much is admission?
- Adults (13+): $14
- Children (3-12): $7
- Children 2 & under are free
- We are not accepting admissions coupons at this time.
Are masks required inside?
Since the Zoo’s grounds and buildings are owned by the City of Duluth, the Zoo will follow the new face covering requirements that go into effect tomorrow, Wednesday, August 4. Masks will be required to be worn while inside of Zoo buildings by all individuals ages 2 and older – regardless of vaccination status – beginning August 4.
Are advance tickets required?
No – advanced tickets are not required.
Do you offer group rates?
We are allowing timed-entry field trips this summer for groups and education programs will resume in late August. If you’d like to make a reservation, click here!
Are your indoor spaces open?
Yes – ALL indoor spaces are now open! Zoo Central, Primate Conservation Center, Nocturnal Building, the Griggs Learning Center and Australia/Oceania are open. Download our map here!
How is the Zoo reducing the spread of COVID-19 and keeping me safe during my visit?
- Hand-sanitizer stations are available throughout the Zoo. Guests are encouraged to follow CDC and MDH recommendations of using hand sanitizer and washing their hands.
- Guests of the Zoo are asked to refrain from visiting if they are in a high-risk or vulnerable category for COVID-19, are not feeling well or have a fever.
- Masks are required by City of Duluth public building policies while visiting indoor buildings.
- Guests are required maintain a six-foot distance from other groups.
- Additional sanitation of high-touch surfaces and restrooms will be performed throughout the day.
- Zoo staff will monitor their health each day prior to reporting to work.
- Zoo staff are required to wear masks while working inside.
What animals will I be able to see?
Click here to learn more about the animals you will meet at the Zoo!
Do you have options for birthday parties?
Yes – click here to learn more and book your party!
Is the Tiger’s Paw Gift Shop open?
Yes! We ask that guests practice social distancing inside of the gift shop.
Is the Safari Café open?
Yes! Choose from tasty treats like ice cream, popcorn, pizza & more!
Check out a virtual tour of the Zoo below!
|2 & Under||FREE|
We are not accepting admissions coupons at this time.
Hours of Operation
OPEN DAILY 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Last admission at 3pm
The following attractions & services will be unavailable due to COVID-19 protocols:
- Keeper Chats
- Stroller Rental