What to Know
The Zoo is open DAILY from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. The Safari Café and Tiger’s Paw Gift Shop are open!
Last admission is at 3pm.
For the health and safety of our guests, staff and animals, modifications have been made to our admissions process and experience.
The Lake Superior Zoo strongly encourages guests to wear masks while visiting indoor buildings, and our staff and volunteers will continue to be required to wear face coverings.
How much is admission?
- Adults (13+): $14
- Children (3-12): $7
- Children 2 & under are free
- We are not accepting coupons at this time.
Do you offer birthday party packages?
Are advance tickets required?
As of May 2, we will no longer be selling advance tickets due to increased capacity limits.
Do members need to reserve a ticket/time slot?
It is not required but we strongly encourage you to reserve your tickets in advance to ensure you can enter the Zoo upon arrival. A code has been emailed to members (and posted to the members-only Facebook group) that will give you 100% off. Not a member yet? Join today!
Do you offer group rates?
We are allowing timed-entry field trips this spring/summer for groups to explore the zoo on their own (education programs will resume in fall). If you’d like to make a reservation, click here!
What days are you open?
Our April operating hours are Thursday through Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Last admission is at 3 p.m. We are closed Monday-Wednesday. We will be open 7 days a week beginning on May 1!
Are your indoor spaces be open?
Yes! Zoo Central, Primate Conservation Center, Nocturnal Building, and Australia/Oceania are all open! The Griggs Learning Center remains closed at this time.
How is the Zoo reducing the spread of COVID-19 and keeping me safe during my visit?
- Hand-sanitizer stations are available throughout the Zoo. Guests are encouraged to follow CDC and MDH recommendations of using hand sanitizer and washing their hands.
- Guests of the Zoo are asked to refrain from visiting if they are in a high-risk or vulnerable category for COVID-19, are not feeling well or have a fever.
- Masks are highly recommended while visiting indoor buildings.
- Guests are required maintain a six-foot distance from other groups.
- Additional sanitation of high-touch surfaces and restrooms will be performed throughout the day.
- Zoo staff must wear face coverings and their health will be monitored each day prior to reporting to work.
What will the new zoo experience be like?
- You will enter the Zoo through the main building and access Zoo grounds via the lower level.
- You are required to wear a mask indoors and encouraged to outdoors as well.
- We ask that you follow social-distancing guidelines and keep 6-feet away from other groups.
- Please bring your own stroller as we are not offering rentals at this time.
- High-touch areas (like the barn contact yard – animals are still on exhibit) are currently closed.
What animals will I be able to see?
- North American river otters
- North American gray wolves – NEW!
- Brown bears – NEW!
- Cougars – NEW!
- Great horned owl
- Siberian lynx
- Snow leopard
- Amur tiger
- Swift foxes
- Eurasian eagle-owls
- Barnyard animals (contact yard unavailable at this time)
- Chicken coop (chickens, ducks, peacock)
- White-naped cranes
- Chinese goral
- Reeve’s muntjac
- Flemish giant rabbit
- Gila Monsters
- Veiled Chameleon
- Reef Tank
- Ring-tailed lemurs
- Angolan colobus monkeys
- Cotton-top tamarin monkeys
- Callimico monkeys
- Large-spotted Genet
- Pallas’ Cat
- Linne’s Two-toed Sloth
- Six-banded Armadillo
- Southern Flying Squirrel
- Spectacled Owl
- Burrowing Owl
- Speckled Mousebird
- Gopher Tortoise
- European Glass Lizard
- Prehensile-tailed Porcupine
- Yellow-billed Hornbill
- Brush-tailed Bettong
- Laughing Kookaburra
- Merten’s Water Monitor
- Prehensile-tailed Skink
- Green Tree Python
- Golden Coin Turtle
- Spiny Turtle
- Green Iguana
- Bearded Dragon
Do you have options for birthday parties?
Yes – birthday parties are back at the Zoo!
- 1 hour of private rental for seating up to 20 people. ($50 rental fee)
- Time choices
- 10 to 11 a.m.
- 3 to 4 p.m.
- Birthday Gift for Child
- Party Add-Ons Available:
- Popcorn- $2 each
- Cotton Candy- $3 each
- Pizza Party- $50 included two beverage pitchers, and four locally made pizzas
- All guests must purchase a ticket, members are free. If there are guests you’d like to pay for please add them to your reservation and we’ll apply that to your total at the end of your party.
Please click here to schedule your birthday party or call 218-730-4500 ext. 215!
Is the Tiger’s Paw Gift Shop open?
Yes! We ask that guests practice social distancing inside of the gift shop.
Is the Safari Café open?
Yes! Choose from tasty treats like ice cream, popcorn, pizza & more!
Check out a virtual tour of the Zoo below!
|2 & Under||FREE|
We are not accepting coupons at this time.
Hours of Operation
OPEN DAILY 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Last admission at 3pm
The following attractions & services will be unavailable due to COVID-19 protocols:
- Zoo Train
- Keeper Chats
- Griggs Learning Center
- Stroller Rental